cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user0mJxwVe9oT
Constellation

A70 Bluetooth codec

So I just bought a this phone and a pair of Sony wf-1000mx3 headphones. Both the phone and the earbuds support LDAC among the many other major Bluetooth codecs yet whenever I try to set the audio coded too LDAC in the developer options it keeps resetting to AAC. I have the Sony headphone app and set it to prioritize sound quality over connection but it never changes the codec. In the Bluetooth settings all I can set for the earbuds is for calls and audio, no other settings are available.

Am I missing something here?

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: A70 Bluetooth codec

Hey @user0mJxwVe9oT . Based on reviews the Sony app for the M3 changes the active codec to a lesser one, so it seems advisable to uninstall it.

Here are some excerpts:

- "Sony MX3 app- Changing any of the audio settings in the app (base/treble/mids) drops the headphones into a lower bandwidth streaming option. I honestly could not tell a huge difference in audio quality when doing this but still found it disturbing"

- "I’ll admit, it took me a couple days to figure out how to get these things to run LDAC with my Samsung Note 8, however, once I got it working, I absolutely noticed improved quality over the default SBC codec. Unfortunately, using LDAC requires operating in “priority on sound quality” mode which disables the surround, position, and equalizer functions."

- "Galaxy S9+ equalizer. When you connect with the Sony LDAC lossless codec, you are not able to use the Sony apps build in equalizer. I prefer to use LDAC instead of the standard SBC codec since it is totally uncompressed."

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
user0mJxwVe9oT
Constellation

Tried deleting the app, unpairing the headphones, and then re pairing them and it still keeps resetting the codec to AAC. I even deleted the app cache and data before uninstalling and nothing seems to have changed. I'm so frustrated with this because both devices support multiple codecs but my phone keeps forcing itself into AAC.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Can you test them on a friend's device? That will help rule out whether your phone supports other codecs.

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Highlighted
user0mJxwVe9oT
Constellation

I don't know anyone else with a phone or headphones that support LDAC lol.

Samsung_amEVWQL
Astronaut

Sorry

Sorry