cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

A71 5G Webex Audio is Poor when microphone is turned on

Hi,

I have a strange problem.  When I use Webex with the microphoen turned on, the audio quality gets poor.  If the talking person's voice is low, words get dropped.  It feels that there's a filter that filters out low volume words.  If I turn-off the microphone in mute mode, I can hear all voices clearly.  This happens to two phones (one is the original purchase and the 2nd is warranty replacement).  I will keep swapping phones until this is fixed.   Samsung needs to fix this.   Webex works fine with Pixel or iPad without such issues.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: A71 5G Webex Audio is Poor when microphone is turned on

Frankly, this sounds like a Webex issue to me, rather than a Samsung issue. Have you followed up with Webex support?
Highlighted
Constellation

It can't be webex. My pixel phone and iPad webex have been working well since day 1.  Samsung has its own audio dsp algorithm that distorts the audio. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I don't know that I would conclude this is a Samsung issue.  A brief google search confirms all sorts of issues with the WebEx Android app.  And WebEx support lists the phones that have been tested and optimized with the Andoird app - these include the Samsung Galaxy S series and Pixel phones.  Notably, the A series is not listed: 

https://help.webex.com/en-us/nowvmhw/Support-for-the-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-Mobile-App

Highlighted
Constellation

Well, I'm pretty sure it's Samsung DSP.   I doubt webex would have different audio processing for different android phones.  Pixel works.   Samsung has tons of audio DSP built in which interferes with webex audio processing.  

Highlighted
Constellation

A71 5G webex audio problem

I have problems with audio quality for two phones in a row during webex.  In mute mode, all the voices can be clearly heard.  However, when I unmute myself,  Other people's words are dropped if their volume is slightly lower.  There seems to be a filter effect that chops voices below certain volume level.   

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: A71 5G webex audio problem

Sorry for the dumb question, but does this happen while useing the WebEx app?  

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: A71 5G webex audio problem

Well, it happens only when I use the WebEx app.