Original topic:

A71 5g Bluetooth Audio Not Selectable

(Topic created: 08-05-2021 08:31 PM)
ViaVeritas
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Paired my A71 to my Pioneer head unit, bluetooth settings allows you to select Calls, Audio and Contact Access. When attempting to select Audio the slide bar will move (ON) but immediately slides back (OFF). Calls and Contact Access can be selected and function without issue.

I have checked the settings on my head unit and found nothing that would prevent bluetooth Audio. As I said Calls and Contact Access work. Previous phone bluetooth Audio worked without issue and currently Audio will play when using a cable.

Android Auto is set to automatically resume playing Audio when bluetooth pairs to head unit, when head unit is powered on Spotify will resume playing through my phone speakers. Old phone also functioned properly on same setting. 

In phone settings I selected Separate App Sound, I can select either Spotify or Android Auto App with no issues. However when asked to select Audio Device the Bluetooth option says No Connected Devices. Bluetooth settings says 1 device connected, shows my head unit is connected and once again as I previously said Calls and Contact Access are definitely connected and functioning properly. 

Completely baffled at this point and to my knowledge I've exhausted all possible options. Makes no sense why Calls and Contact Access can be selected in Bluetooth settings and work without issue, but Audio can not be selected at all. 

Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

3 Replies
juniorluvcait
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Which head unit you got? I have the A71 5G and I recently installed a pioneer DEH-S622OBS (Guess what BS stands for) I'm a pioneer fan all the way but I found out on mine it's not the phone, it's the head unit. I get 5 feet away from unit with my phone and it loses Bluetooth access. And I know it reaches further than that, cause at work I can walk away from my phone with ear bud's in over 50 feet and they still work.
0 Likes
Smew
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Does the Audio setting toggle on and off when connected to other bluetooth audio devices? 

0 Likes
juniorluvcait
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Mine don't. It stays on just "searching"
0 Likes