JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A71 Samsung Weather Widget Not Refreshing

(Topic created: 08-24-2022 02:44 PM)
useru8fYPTbfPb
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My Samsung weather widget app no longer refreshes hourly.  I have it set to update hourly.

I have tried the following:

-Removing and adding the Weather Widget

-Clearing the Samsung Weather app cache

-Clearing the Samsung Weather data

-Resetting the phone network settings

I think this started occurring after the June update was installed, so I think it might be a bug with that.  I'd like to report this so it can be fixed in a future update.

7 Replies
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Swipe down from the top of the screen, and then make sure the location toggle is turned on. If it is blue, you know it's on.

You can also try updating apps just in case there's a bug. Open the app called "galaxy store" from the app drawer. It has different shades of pink with a white shopping bag in the middle. Once you've opened the app,press menu at the bottom,and then press updates at the top left. You may be prompted to create,a Samsung account, or sign in with an existing one.

Once you are signed in, or if you're already signed in, then all you have to do is press "update all apps"
Let them finish updating, make sure location is toggled on in the quick settings, then try refreshing the weather widget again.
0 Likes
useru8fYPTbfPb
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks, location sharing is on.

All aps were already up to date (I have auto updates on)

0 Likes
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Mine is working fine. I can refresh it as many times as I want. It's possible that there's a network issue, try it with mobile data turned off, and if that doesn't work, try it with wifi turned off. Besides that,I don't know.
0 Likes
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Actually,I just reread your post,and you want it to refresh hourly. Im really sorry about that.

This trick should be what you're looking for then: tap on the weather widget to open the weather app, then at the top left,press the menu bars, and then the settings (cog wheel) button.
In settings, change the auto refresh to every hour.
Hope this helps!
0 Likes
useru8fYPTbfPb
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I though it started working over the weekend (It refreshed hourly as expected for most of the day yesterday), but today it stopped.  Been stuck on weather for last night all day to day with no refresh.

I tried clearing the Android System Cache but that didn't help (it might have for a day but didn't last)

0 Likes
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I honestly don't know how to help you. Very sorry.
0 Likes
Solution
useru8fYPTbfPb
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

After wiping the system cache and optimize apps (both using the restore menu) the weather app is updating now hourly.