cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

A71 not fast charging after last update - screenshot included

Since my last post got no replies, here it is with photos, to show just how bad it is. 
59mins for 59% with fast charging. It never took this long to charge previously.  It's ridiculous now. 

Does anybody have any idea ?

Screenshot_20201105-084650_One UI Home.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Astronaut

Re: A71 not fast charging after last update - screenshot included

depending on your phone and the update it could be a number of things.

as phones age the battery gets worse. and with older models when they receive updates to newer os and other security features things get added, extra settings, new apps, Samsung codes change.

these things need more ram and thus puts more pressure on your RAM and motherboard causing more battery usage. all these factors can slow down your phone and cause charging to take longer since the phone will need more power to run properly.

usually it's more common when you go from one major os to another
Cosmic Ray

I see.

I bought the phone in May 2020 (released Feb2020) and have been using the charger and cable that came with the phone. 
It updated to 0neUI 2.5 (from 2.1) not much of a huge leap, and from there it slowed down on the charging. Strange if that's the reason. It said somewhere to try letting the battery go to zero and recharging, I will try that and see as well.

Maybe when OneUI 3.0 comes around, it will be fixed.

Astronaut

Re: Re: A71 not fast charging after last update - screenshot included

look at the battery settings. if the phone doesn't see an issue contact Samsung support center and make a warranty claim
Cosmic Ray

I think it will come to that. I'll check with them, thanks! 

Astronaut

is it the charger cord? it sometimes happens to me when it the cord
Cosmic Ray

I bought the phone in May 2020 (released Feb2020) and have been using the charger and cable that came with the phone. I doubt it can go bad that fast ? I will try switching it out as well.

Astronaut

? weird if you try all of that stuff and it still doesn't work try going to the phone store and have them check it.. I'm sorry I was not that much help 😢🙂
Cosmic Ray

It's ok, thank you for the tip anyway Smiley Happy