Original topic:

AOD DOESN'T TURN OFF

(Topic created: 01-07-2020 02:59 PM)
user30XvomUF17
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello guys, how are you? 

I would like to share with you one problem with this my phone that I couldn't resolve by myself. I tried to find another similar discussion or by searching on google but sadly without result.  So It would be great if the community could help me and other with this exact same problem.. 

I have a samsung A70 with android 9. One month ago I started to use AOD and it was really good, but then I realized that It slows down my phone and consume considerable amount of battery life.. That's why I tried to turn off this option by going to Setting -> Lock screen -> and press Always on display to deactivate. In fact when I touch that function it deactivate correctly, but every time I get a notification from any app, It reactivate automatically and I don't know why...

I hope you guys could help me. Thanks!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, @user30XvomUF17. That sounds really frustrating! Have you tried to load the phone in safe mode to see if this occurs there as well? It could be a third party app that's causing this. 

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, @user30XvomUF17. That sounds really frustrating! Have you tried to load the phone in safe mode to see if this occurs there as well? It could be a third party app that's causing this. 

user30XvomUF17
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yes! You were right..  samsung A70 doesn't have notification light, so I downloaded an app that tells me every time when I get notification with a little light under the front camera and  that was the cause of the AOD turning on automatically. That app was triggering this function. Thank you very much!

0 Likes
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Awesome! I'm happy I could help! 🙂 

0 Likes
Samsung_pandaz
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices