I stitch video in Action Director Gear 360 for video taken in Gear 360. When stitching straight from camera it uploads in 360 in Facebook. But when I stitch the same file in Action director, it uploads as flat file. However uploading to youtube shows 360.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks @SamsungAaron. I actually tried both ways. Uploading from action director. And also saving it and then uploading to FB. Its uncanny because the same saved vid views in 360 in youtube and google photos.
One more thing to note, @AjayShankar, the recommended video upload specs for Facebook here:
- They support file sizes up to 1.75GB. Videos must be less than 30 minutes.
- File type: MP4 Container
- Video Codec: H.264 Video
- Resolution: Max 4K input (4096x2048)
- Dimensions: 2:1 Display Aspect Ratio
- Frame Rate: Up to 60 FPS
- Pixel Format: yuv420p
- Depth: Monoscopic
- Projection Format: Equirectangular
- Audio: MP3 or AAC audio, at 128 kbps for optimal results
- Spatial Audio: Check out our recommendations below for getting started with spatial audio on Facebook
Please note, make sure that your video and audio tracks are the same duration in order to avoid encoding errors caused by mismatched timecode.
Youtube videos work fine.
Thanks for any help.
Same here. Unless I stitch, then upload to Youtube, and post the Youtube link, it won't work as 360 on FB. A direct upload of a stitched file to FB displays as side by side hemispheres.
I have same issue...
Uploaded to Youtube using Director : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCM9vbP2mnA
Uploaded to Facebook using Director: https://www.facebook.com/therickadventure/videos/10213650358831606/