JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Action Director Stitch works for youtube but shows as flat in FB

(Topic created: 01-30-2018 09:59 PM)
AjayShankar
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I stitch video in Action Director Gear 360 for video taken in Gear 360.  When stitching straight from camera it uploads in 360 in Facebook. But when I stitch the same file in Action director, it uploads as flat file. However uploading to youtube shows 360. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAaron
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

One more thing to note, @AjayShankar, the recommended video upload specs for Facebook here:

• They support file sizes up to 1.75GB. Videos must be less than 30 minutes.
  • File type: MP4 Container
  • Video Codec: H.264 Video
  • Resolution: Max 4K input (4096x2048)
  • Dimensions: 2:1 Display Aspect Ratio
  • Frame Rate: Up to 60 FPS
  • Pixel Format: yuv420p
  • Depth: Monoscopic
  • Projection Format: Equirectangular
  • Audio: MP3 or AAC audio, at 128 kbps for optimal results
  • Spatial Audio: Check out our recommendations below for getting started with spatial audio on Facebook

Please note, make sure that your video and audio tracks are the same duration in order to avoid encoding errors caused by mismatched timecode.

View solution in context

16 Replies
SamsungAaron
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hmm.. it's seems like uploading in Action Director might be causing the trouble @AjayShankar. I'd be interested in seeing if some of our other Community users have any insight.

0 Likes
AjayShankar
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks @SamsungAaron. I actually tried both ways. Uploading from action director. And also saving it and then uploading to FB. Its uncanny because the same saved vid views in 360 in youtube and google photos. 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAaron
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

One more thing to note, @AjayShankar, the recommended video upload specs for Facebook here:

• They support file sizes up to 1.75GB. Videos must be less than 30 minutes.
  • File type: MP4 Container
  • Video Codec: H.264 Video
  • Resolution: Max 4K input (4096x2048)
  • Dimensions: 2:1 Display Aspect Ratio
  • Frame Rate: Up to 60 FPS
  • Pixel Format: yuv420p
  • Depth: Monoscopic
  • Projection Format: Equirectangular
  • Audio: MP3 or AAC audio, at 128 kbps for optimal results
  • Spatial Audio: Check out our recommendations below for getting started with spatial audio on Facebook

Please note, make sure that your video and audio tracks are the same duration in order to avoid encoding errors caused by mismatched timecode.

SamsungAaron
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey, @AjayShankar. Thank you for posting to the thread! Please return here to the community if you need anything else, and we're always happy to help!

0 Likes
looper33
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I can confirm an issue with flat videos to FB in the latest ActionDirector Gear 360 software. I'm using the correct settings, but there's some sort of issue with both 2.0.1619.0 and 2.0.2112.0. I have tried uploading directly from the SW, or uploading the stitched file, or uploading produced file, none work. Always flat.

Youtube videos work fine.
0 Likes
SamsungAaron
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey, @looper33. Thank you for your feedback. That's interesting. Has anyone else been having trouble with this?

0 Likes
userpCMAC8z0wR
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have same issue. My videos with gear360 2016 still recognized by facebook, but my videos with 2017 gear 360 only recognized by youtube, dont work in facebook.

Thanks for any help.
userzvYB51pXuw
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same here.  Unless I stitch, then upload to Youtube, and post the Youtube link, it won't work as 360 on FB.  A direct  upload of a stitched file to FB displays as side by side hemispheres.

0 Likes
user46EZC5VpT6
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have same issue...

Uploaded to Youtube using Director : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCM9vbP2mnA

Uploaded to Facebook using Director: https://www.facebook.com/therickadventure/videos/10213650358831606/

0 Likes