JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Action Director Stitch works for youtube but shows as flat in FB

(Topic created: 01-30-2018 09:59 PM)
AjayShankar
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I stitch video in Action Director Gear 360 for video taken in Gear 360.  When stitching straight from camera it uploads in 360 in Facebook. But when I stitch the same file in Action director, it uploads as flat file. However uploading to youtube shows 360. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
16 Replies
userQB5kIDa3nd
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi! Similar problem here. Uploading to YouTube through Action Director allows me to see the video as 360 on a PC/Laptop, but only able to view it flattened on several so far Android phones. I have uploaded many 360 videos, viewable on any device. It started uploading flattened ones overnight.  Another thing is that on a Laptop, I can see the youtube thumbnail of the video uploaded as flattened. I will appreciate any light on that, thanks.

0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey, @userQB5kIDa3nd, have you attempted to export the file from Action Director and then uploading that file through the YouTube web interface?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to reach out and see if you were able to try an alternative method to uploading these videos.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usern47bVoJSUZ
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Has this been resolved? I'm running into same problem in that the video that gets uploaded to facebook is the panorama and not 360.

0 Likes
userbcM9yEzbnH
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm having the same issue, It must be the way Action Director is writing the meta-data for 360 videos. I've tried uploading to Facebook through the software and saving the project and then manually uploading it, flat every time. I've given up and just use Youtube and link to Youtube in Facebook.

0 Likes
user8LvHOC9Yr7
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

There a fix for this? Action director does not allow me to select beginning in trim.

0 Likes
userDO5CqfZaBS
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same here.. this is almost a year old issue.. I got Gear360 software MacOS which works ok but the OEM Action Director on windows simply shows up flat

0 Likes