Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung_T4JROaS
Astronaut

Adds Popping Out Of Nowhere

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I Deleted All My Apps That I Have Downloaded And Apps Just Keep Popping Out Of Nowhere Say If I Literally Have No Downloaded Apps Except The Ones That Came With The Phone(Samsung J7 Prime)Say If I Am Watching YouTube An Add Just Pops Out Put It Is Not From YouTube I Was Hoping If Anyone Can Solve It For Me Please.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Adds Popping Out Of Nowhere

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there!

Have you tested the device in safe mode to see if all the ads stop?

This would be an indication that third-party applications are continuing to cause your symptoms.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i would suggest if you have deleted all of the apps that you have downloaded i would suggest doing a factory reset and when it comes back on dont let google download any apps to your phone then you can install them 1 at a time to see what could be making them pop up 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
amanda95
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_T4JROaS wrote:

I Deleted All My Apps That I Have Downloaded And Apps Just Keep Popping Out Of Nowhere Say If I Literally Have No Downloaded Apps Except The Ones That Came With The Phone(Samsung J7 Prime)Say If I Am Watching YouTube An Add Just Pops Out Put It Is Not From YouTube I Was Hoping If Anyone Can Solve It For Me Please.

iDsable marketing options such as the one shown in screensoth.

Galaxy  Store, Game Launcher, ete.

Screenshot_20190711-231254_Galaxy Store.jpg

Samsung_T4JROaS
Astronaut

I Dont Understand What You Mean By A Factory Reset

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I Dont Understand What You Mean By A Factory Reset

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: I Dont Understand What You Mean By A Factory Reset

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A factory reset would reset the phone back to how it was when you got it it would basicly be a brand new phone that would wipe everything from the phone 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Samsung_T4JROaS
Astronaut

So How Do You Do That

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So How Do You Do That

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: So How Do You Do That

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Master reset from settings menu

A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card.

1. Back up data on the internal memory. If you have signed into a Google account on the device, you have activated Anti-theft and will need your Google credentials to finish the Master reset.
  2. From the Home screen, tap the Apps tray.
  3. Tap Settings > Cloud and accounts.
  4. Tap Backup and restore.
  5. If desired, tap Back up my data to move the slider to ON or OFF.
  6. If desired, tap Restore to move the slider to ON or OFF.
  7. Tap the back button to the Settings menu and tap General Management > Reset > Factory data reset.
  8. Tap Reset.
  9. If you have screen lock turned on, enter your credentials.
  10. Tap Continue.
  11. Tap Delete all

Note 9 User

Samsung_LxGQI5F
Astronaut

Go into your settings and look for about phone should be...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go into your settings and look for about phone should be factory reset directions. But make sure you have all of your photos contacts etc backed up or you could lose them.

userYN80lRzI5Y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this problem for a while. It drive me nuts. 

After some time explorstion I discovered that not one but 2 or 3 apps together are doing this to us.

1 samsung internet

2 shazam

3 viber. 

I deleted or disabled samsung internet and it immediately showed less. I started using chrome.

I deleted shazam and once I reinstall it it emmidiatelly returned the annoying adds. 

Also the viber was the same. So I reccomend 1 sam internet and start using other browser. Then shazam delete and if that doesn't fix the problem viber. I'm not sure whether you've read the terms and conditions of Viber. It clearly says that they can share data with third parties and they're not responsible for any interuption. That's why delete Viber. 

Tell me if you've fix the problem. 

And yes I did factory master reset and it didn't change a thing. So I don't recommend that as option. 

And also try settings - notification - and uncheck all the app which you don't need to receive notification. This might be the first thing to do. Especially samsung internet.....

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there!

Have you tested the device in safe mode to see if all the ads stop?

This would be an indication that third-party applications are continuing to cause your symptoms.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.