After the recent system update a bunch of big apps on my phone has stopped working. My bank app, phone app. That is it so far and I don't believe this is a coincidence. I have took proper steps to try to get them working again nothing works. These apps worked before the app and now.
Hey @userT5z6baLTQh ,
I'm sorry that you are having these issues. When you have a big update(i.e Android Pie to Android Q) it will some times render some apps inoperable. The developer has to update their app to work with the new software. Check the play store to see if there are any updates or alternative apps that you can use. If the OS is a problem you may take it to an Authorized Samsung Repair Center like Ubreakifix, Samsung Experience Store, and some BestBuys and they can reinstall a fresh OS for you ( make sure you back everything up). I hope this was helpful if it was please leave a like and mark accept as a solution.
I have had issues with apps not working after major updates. try Uninstalling Trouble apps, clear cache on phone and reinstall them .some of my banking apps would not send me alerts after major updates but after reinstalling them all is well
Hello! I would recommend wiping the cache partition. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.
Follow these steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.