Original topic:

Allowed devices opt

(Topic created: 10-19-2020 04:13 AM)
userUVSxnkFVA6
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey samsung the allowed devices option is missing in a51 and i miss it so bad also it is removed from j6 after your android 10 update.

I always need it due to community i live in it is very essential.

Hope samsung fixes this soon.

I am Waiting to buy a note 10+ but i read this option is missing from that device also.

if fixed with a software update please let us know.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Google removed this feature in Android 10, you are welcome to reach out to them as they develop the OS: https://support.google.com/?hl=en

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Samsung_BtDSOLY
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I just bought a s20+ and it's missing there as well. This is such an important feature! Please bring it back asap. Thanks! 

gudguy1a
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yes, this is a crock of nonsense - this is a key CRITICAL item for security (I work in cybersecurity).  I use this to only allow household members - it was an easy thing to do.

Now, it is TOAST!!!!!

SlartiBartFast
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I bought my samsung device specifically because of the allowed devices whitelist option and when I upgraded recently to the a12 I noticed that not only is it missing but I cannot boot devices that log on to my wifi and I cannot see the name or type of devices some unauthorized devices that connect and again I cant boot them from my hotspot. This seems like an intentional downgrade of essential features it has made my phone more vulnerable to intrusion. It is a giant middle finger to customers that buy samsung products because of the allowed devices feature. 10/10 will be selling my new device and switching to a device that has the feature.
0 Likes
SlartiBartFast
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
10/10 done with companies that intentionally make their customers devices vulnerable to intrusion. It seems pointless to post here Samsung doesnt care what their customers want after they have their money. If anyone is interested in coding a better version of android 10 that includes allowed devices hit me up because when the large companies refuse to listen to what customers want and need, we have to stop buying sub par products and make something that the people actually want especially when there is a market for it.
0 Likes
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Google removed this feature in Android 10, you are welcome to reach out to them as they develop the OS: https://support.google.com/?hl=en

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes