cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Always on display keeps turning on automatically on my A70

I got an A70 two days ago and the always on display keeps turning on by default and i keep turning it off even in the seetings and still the problem persists. This happended after i did the recent september update. Kindly help me solve this, it's quite annoying.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Always on display keeps turning on automatically on my A70

Hey there,

Have you tried wiping the cache partition since the recent update? Let's try that and see if that helps.

Follow these steps:

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi, i tried to wipe out the cache and restarted the phone but the problem is still there. Thanks for tying to help but it wasn't solved

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userQg7nZroLgH Does this still happen when your phone is in safe mode?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I never use the safe mode...

Highlighted
Astronaut

Well maybe you put to always the on settings

Highlighted
Asteroid

I dont use the option of always on but i use the option of on tap of the screen and it reverts back automatically on its own to always on... i am complaining because when it kepts switching back i decided to turn it off and it instead kept turning back on. So i am talking about what i know, i am reaching out because i have i have done everything possible and it doesn't work.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I've a A50s and I do have the same exact problem, it's been 2 days since I bought this phone. I do not want to see the clock in lock screen always so I turn off the AOD (Always On Display) from lock screen settings, but as soon a new notification (from any app) comes I see the clock in lock screen appearing continuously even after I read the notification. When check the settings AOD is turned on automatically. I don't know how to permanently turn AOD off, I wanna save my battery, I ain't gonna watch the time all day. Please let me know if you have a solution, thanks.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hello, I also have this problem with my A50. It's pretty annoying. Same thing here: I turn off the AOD, but whe I tap the screen, it reappears and turns itself on. It makes no sense. It vehaces like this even if the AOD is not set to show on tap (and is also disabled of course). My bet is that it's a bug.

Highlighted
Constellation

Also have the same problem on my A70 i clear the cache and the data from the app Always On Display but nothing,still have the problem.

I'm sure it's a bug. If someone has a solution please let me know. 

Thanks.