cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Android 10 Update For USA Galaxy A20 Phone?

Is yours locked or unlocked and which carrier are you with? 

I've yet to even hear of the update for the A20 for us in the US.  My fiancé's phone already updated to Android 10 like a week ago now and hers is an LG.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Some of my posts so far have mentioned I have the factory unlocked sm-205u1. The problem is not that he is wrong that it is released in USA, which he isn't, it is the fact that Samsung puts their own factory unlocked phones last after all the carriers. So far when they have said May, it never was, and then June, never either, and so far July is the same. AT&T has it and now Verizon, but no where anywhere is it mentioned that T-mobile or Sprint has the update. It is starting of the second week of July now. The rate things are going now, July is going to slip by too. To me it is the second week because the 1st of July was last week. All the other countries already have it for this phone too. USA is just last.

Highlighted
Constellation

Ah ok.  I'm with Metro which is now part of T-mobile, and haven't seen the update yet.  Maybe soon.  When it comes to unlocked phones I strayed from Samsung and for awhile went with OnePlus in their humble beginnings.  I've not been too happy with their direction and the bold face lies the community would be told then truth came during the reveal events.

My 3T screen OLED screen started leaking even though I never dropped it. OP of course never owned up to them using faulty screens (as many others started seeing the same issue).  So Metro had a free deal with phones and was like fine, I need something.

The A20 isn't too terrible but the whole not allowing shared internal storage with SD at the moment blows my mind when the bloatware takes so much of internal as is.  But performance wise it's held up.

My fiance got the LG Stylo 5 which I kinda like better but she thought I'd like the Samsung since I've had them before. 

Anyways rant over lol.  I do hope the update comes soon then and hopefully it'll come soon for you too!

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm a locked phone with tracfone
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I am using Tracfone too but mine is bought from Best Buy factory unlocked. I just popped in sim card from Tracfone and instantly it worked. That is nice but the really, really, slow updates, that is bad. It is like going to Arby's with a coupon, and you get to the drive thru and ask for what is on the coupon, and they say back that they won't honor their coupon. Samsung is not honoring their updates for factory unlocked as should be. They make the excuses that unlocked still has to deal with carriers, even when it is fully unlocked. That makes no sense right there.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

SM-A205DL just got their update sent out OTA starting 6/29/2020. S205DLUDU5BTE7. You should have it any time now. That is Tracfone A20 locked.

Highlighted
Astronaut

How can you download it?