JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android 10 on SM-A505U1

(Topic created on: 4/28/20 2:26 PM)
ThatGuy_H86
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Does anybody know or has anybody received that update for the factory unlocked version?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Binarybitz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yeah factory unlocked phones take the longest, this is the first unlocked phone I have and I am kinda disappointed that they are always scheduled last for development. Maybe it is harder to push firmware for these devices because they are unlocked, or Samsung considers having a phone locked to a carrier more important in priority of development than an unlocked.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Binarybitz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It was supposed to happen this month but I havent recieved my update, you can try to contact Samsung and see if they have any info. I am beginning to think the update will happen in May.

0 Likes
ThatGuy_H86
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

There was an article posted somewhere I can't remember off the top of my head was saying something about that, how it was going to be pushed back towards the end of this month. Well that's only a few days left:thinking_face: I also read from other threads that any factory unlocked phone usually gets updates last. I did not know that myself as I was under the assumption that whenever it gets pushed out for carriers that's when it comes available, I didn't realize that the factory unlocked phones in general have to wait longer than everybody else.

mkkim
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello@ThatGuy_H86 

Currently, only the A505U_Verizon carrier has released the Android 10 (release date 04.22.2020)

Normally. After the finished carrier update (Verizon, Sprint) and Factory unlock device is release in next.

Hope this was helpful

ThatGuy_H86
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Fare enough. I was just mostly curious because a co-worker who has the same exact phone as mine, but it's the Verizon version, already got it.

0 Likes
Solution
Binarybitz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yeah factory unlocked phones take the longest, this is the first unlocked phone I have and I am kinda disappointed that they are always scheduled last for development. Maybe it is harder to push firmware for these devices because they are unlocked, or Samsung considers having a phone locked to a carrier more important in priority of development than an unlocked.

View solution in context

ThatGuy_H86
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

And it's a valid point because there were other articles that I had read on the internet stating that all the carriers have to receive it first before anything related to being factory unlocked gets to be pushed out at that time. And that's fine but at the same time I don't understand why it has to be that way but beggars can't be choosers I guess 🤷