cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYIC9kLDFvw
Constellation

Android 9.0 pie update j7 prime 32gb

Hello I have metro by t mobile formerly Metro PCS as my cell phone carrier for almost 10 years now..My device is a Samsung galaxy j7 prime SM-J727T1 32gb USA model released back March 2018 with preinstalled 7.0 nougat..So far it has been upgraded to 8.1 oreo as of last Sept 2018..Will my device still get the android pie 9.0?...As other J7 s internationally have been updated twice already from 7.0 to 9.0..Can somebody enlightened me?..My carrier cant help me. Calling Samsung has been mixed answers..No way to phone call Google anymore..thank you..

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

Re: Android 9.0 pie update j7 prime 32gb

@userYIC9kLDFvw wrote:

Hello I have metro by t mobile formerly Metro PCS as my cell phone carrier for almost 10 years now..My device is a Samsung galaxy j7 prime SM-J727T1 32gb USA model released back March 2018 with preinstalled 7.0 nougat..So far it has been upgraded to 8.1 oreo as of last Sept 2018..Will my device still get the android pie 9.0?...As other J7 s internationally have been updated twice already from 7.0 to 9.0..Can somebody enlightened me?..My carrier cant help me. Calling Samsung has been mixed answers..No way to phone call Google anymore..thank you..

This phone is a mid-range phone and usually carriers/manufacturer have no interest in upgrading to another version of OS if device isn't that popular.  You are lucky to even have 8.1...

Here is T-Mobile support page for your phone: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-35558

Galaxy J7 Start on the other hand was updated to Android 9

Highlighted
userqPr9Zesw26
Asteroid

Re: Android 9.0 pie update j7 prime 32gb

Dont think well be seeing any pie for that variant device my friend I am having same issues with my metro by tmobile j7 prime 32gb just security updates been coming in so far