Original topic:

Android Webview App

(Topic created on: 5/9/21 4:34 AM)
Nookoos
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have a problem on my Galaxy Grand Prime J7 phone. My phone has been acting up lately. It goes black the screen then comes back on again. It does this all the time. In support on google help stated that in my settings in Apps Syatem's App " Android Webview App" I'm supposed to updated it in google play. So I tried to to but I could not find that particular App. In settings in Apps then system apps it comes out as disabled. And the disable, force turn off, Data those three settings in the App are highlighted a light shade of grey and I cant turn them on. I cant enable I cant force shut off I cant look in the Data section I cant open them. The app states real small in the corner " Disabled" can anyone help me out here, how do I "Enable" it how do turn it on again. In google help it states that the Android Webview App needs to be turned on and the app updated for my phone to stop going blank pit h black then coming on. That the App has something to do with helping my phone get online and able to see online video and media. I even tried resetting all Apps preferences yo default that didnt help. I'm avoiding doing a hard factory restart because I have alot of important apps and files soon my phone. Some of those apps and accounts I lost the passwords the log in info. Or I cant remember passwords or I lost written ones. So can anyone help me out. I need to enable that app back on I dont even know how it got disabled and locked up. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Negai
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Your problem is likely cache. Please wipe it
0 Likes
Negai
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Regarding passwords:

prey that you synced them into your google account,

if you used Samsung Internet, check out Samsung Pass.

If you use Chrome, it usually stores all your passwords in clear text accessible in the settings.

Unfortunately, once passwords are deleted they are near impossible to reproduce, you are far better hoping the passwords were copied in places you haven't deleted.
0 Likes
Nookoos
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks
0 Likes