cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Annoying notifications to turn on offline finding

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just started getting repeated notifications to turn on offline finding. There doesn't seem to be any way to turn these notifications off. It's almost time to replace my phone, it's like Samsung is trying to convince me not to get another one of theirs.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Constellation

Re: Annoying notifications to turn on offline finding

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Everyone, these notifications are indeed very frustrating. The below did the trick for me, not getting these non-stop notifications anymore. Hope it works for you too.

Offline find notifications.jpg

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

These are ridiculous. It seems like the feature defaulted to 'on' and I had to remember my login to turn it off. Now I get notifications every hour. Please tell me how to make this stop. Samsung is pushing out banner ads too it seems. Just too much. I paid for this phone and I pay for the service. I shouldn't have to be bombarded with ads. I think you are right. It's time to get away from Samsung devices.

Astronaut

Re: Re: Annoying notifications to turn on offline finding

JUMP TO SOLUTION
agree
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Pay is a pretty good payment app, too.

But it's starting to hit me with more notification ads, too.

Did I not pay you enough money for this phone?

Do you really want to jeopardize earning my next $800 phone purchase, Sammy?

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's completely forced bs!! It's going to be the end of the Samsung run for me! Not buy the 21 if this is what they're gonna be like. It also seems like it's a trick to get some of your personal data. Despos.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went to settings, apps, find my phone, three top right dots, uninstall updates, and that worked for me.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went into find my phone via settings Q. Went into app then 3 dots. Uninstal updates.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
u figure it out yet? Same problem
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, but it eventually stopped without my seeming to do anything. Hopefully it will do the same for you.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It has been 4 days now of INSSESSANT, HARRASSING notification pings telling me that they want to go all Orwellean on me and track me, everything I own and potentially things that other people own using my phone.  I have tried turning the feature on and then off again 10min later in hopes that that would stop the notifications but they started right back up again and they ping every 15min or so.  I tried sending them a tweet every time it pinged me but no reply.  Do we have to contact the CRTC and report them for harrassment to get this to stop?