JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Annoying notifications to turn on offline finding

(Topic created: 01-10-2021 01:58 PM)
Members_7d0tbfq
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Just started getting repeated notifications to turn on offline finding. There doesn't seem to be any way to turn these notifications off. It's almost time to replace my phone, it's like Samsung is trying to convince me not to get another one of theirs.

81 Replies
WhySamsungWhy
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

These are ridiculous. It seems like the feature defaulted to 'on' and I had to remember my login to turn it off. Now I get notifications every hour. Please tell me how to make this stop. Samsung is pushing out banner ads too it seems. Just too much. I paid for this phone and I pay for the service. I shouldn't have to be bombarded with ads. I think you are right. It's time to get away from Samsung devices.

buddy123
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
agree
userJkagHgr7jn
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Samsung Pay is a pretty good payment app, too.

But it's starting to hit me with more notification ads, too.

Did I not pay you enough money for this phone?

Do you really want to jeopardize earning my next $800 phone purchase, Sammy?

userWarKX8B8eP
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It's completely forced bs!! It's going to be the end of the Samsung run for me! Not buy the 21 if this is what they're gonna be like. It also seems like it's a trick to get some of your personal data. Despos.

0 Likes
userZ28wIU7W7C
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I went to settings, apps, find my phone, three top right dots, uninstall updates, and that worked for me.

0 Likes
user7bav0uifuQ
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I went into find my phone via settings Q. Went into app then 3 dots. Uninstal updates.

0 Likes
userhYHGkOaiBA
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am already selling my phone right now. I am sick and tired of having that annoying and inconvenient message. I do have my s20+ and won't be using Samsung anymore due multiple reasons like Bixby which is useless to me and now this offline finding which I WILL NOT authorize or use, in definitive! It is such abusive attempt to force something to customers! No problem at all, I will keep this message temporarily until I go and buy another phone but Samsung! 

0 Likes
MissySoReal
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
u figure it out yet? Same problem
Members_7d0tbfq
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No, but it eventually stopped without my seeming to do anything. Hopefully it will do the same for you.