JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Annoying notifications to turn on offline finding

(Topic created: 01-11-2021 08:39 PM)
Members_7d0tbfq
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Just started getting repeated notifications to turn on offline finding. There doesn't seem to be any way to turn these notifications off. It's almost time to replace my phone, it's like Samsung is trying to convince me not to get another one of theirs.

81 Replies
userIWfslgf3h3
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It has been 4 days now of INSSESSANT, HARRASSING notification pings telling me that they want to go all Orwellean on me and track me, everything I own and potentially things that other people own using my phone.  I have tried turning the feature on and then off again 10min later in hopes that that would stop the notifications but they started right back up again and they ping every 15min or so.  I tried sending them a tweet every time it pinged me but no reply.  Do we have to contact the CRTC and report them for harrassment to get this to stop?

userhFwXm3yj0E
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Time to abandon Samsung. Left LG because of the blue screen issue. This is worse because they are doing it on purpose. 

SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello,

To Anyone experiencing these symptoms, we ask that you please send us the log through the following 'Error Report' link or follow the steps below

https://bit.ly/33WO9d8

Samsung Members -> Support -> Send Feedback -> Error Reports -> Send System log data.

userakSy9TrENL
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Why is this marked as solved and redirects to this comment.  This is not a solution.  Why would you possibly need system log data?  You have a notification that you added in an update, and you don't let us choose to turn it off.  So we get MANY notifications daily bugging us.  A solution would be releasing an update that lets us toggle that option off.

Thank goodness I'm switching to apple.  Calling this a solution to the problem is insulting.

userBZaKtWmLBg
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
yeah bro don't switch to Apple it's awful.
userUHL5yItedd
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No!

Do not go to the dark side! Or maybe Android is the dark side. Whatever the case, don't go over! 🙂

Try a Linux phone. That's what I'm doing next.

0 Likes
userO8fGFiKGDT
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

SamsungJustin Community Manager - Why should we send you any additional data in order for your product to stop harassing us?  You need to fix your problem.  This is beyond harassment. 

user21fyT1QlpT
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I think I found an easy way to turn these notifications off on my Galaxy 8. I just went into Settings-Device Care and optimized the phone which turns off all apps running in the background. I haven't received any notifications since I did that yesterday and I was getting them every 15 min.

@SamsungJustin wrote:

Hello,

To Anyone experiencing these symptoms, we ask that you please send us the log through the following 'Error Report' link or follow the steps below

https://bit.ly/33WO9d8

Samsung Members -> Support -> Send Feedback -> Error Reports -> Send System log data.

0 Likes
Members_rA3uetl
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am not able to find Support on my Samsung Members app on my phone.

0 Likes
userCYgkDzbEFp
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I shouldn't have to send you ANYTHING! I paid for your phone and have been buying your phones for years and for some reason you thought everyone would be fine with an update that makes it so I can't shut off a useless notifications that YOU created?! Please answer honestly, are you dumb or just stupid? I'm not sending you any data beyond what you probably already take without my knowledge. If you don't get an update out to fix this BS without me having to lift a finger to shut off this notification I may finally get to treat myself to an Apple Watch. You know, because my phone will be compatible with it since it will be an iPhone.