JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Annoying notifications to turn on offline finding

(Topic created: 01-12-2021 03:42 AM)
Members_7d0tbfq
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Just started getting repeated notifications to turn on offline finding. There doesn't seem to be any way to turn these notifications off. It's almost time to replace my phone, it's like Samsung is trying to convince me not to get another one of theirs.

81 Replies
userkr7OFPSqaU
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

You don't need error logs to understand that there is no way to disable the notifications.

userNi6tdlc5T4
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Agreed I'm just waiting for my new non Samsung phone to arrive.

usersig7cUlE89
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

They are total idiots at Samsung, to push such annoying notifications! I get them even in the middle of the night. I have to switch my phone to silent, so I can sleep. My 86 year mother cannot reach me now, in case there is something wrong with her.....

lc48359
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Someone else figured it out...Go to Settings then Apps. Scroll down until you find the Find my Phone  app. Tap the app and NOT the settings for the app. Ignore everything but tap the three dots on the top right of the screen. It should say "Uninstall updates". Tap that and agree to uninstall the updates. So far it is working.
userqz6PfSyriw
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Samsung support says that this occurred with a recent update and the ability to turn this notification off is not available. However, this is not popular with users (duh) and the next update should allow this option to be toggled off. But for all those users not happy with this notification should continue to write, call, etc... So Samsung realizes how annoying this is to its users, and should always give users the ability to toggle off any notification.

ThrowAway09242020
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Same issue. Samsung apparently believes they know better than their customers. I'm due for an upgrade and an iPhone is sounding pretty great right now.
userlQlg8CsojA
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

This, along with McAfee continually installing itself, and I'm just about done with Samsung myself.  

0 Likes
user4aAlU6MHVK
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Samsung chat said:

Go to settings\nApps\nTap on 3 dots at top\nShow system apps\nMessage \nStorage\nClear data and clear cache

No way to know yet if it worked. If not, back to a competitor's phone...

userpQWpBYz0I8
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I just cleared the cache, unsure of what I will lose if I clear data. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
userXDvuZS0D64
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hope the clear cache works.... haven't done the clear data since I don't know what that will do

0 Likes