JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Annoying notifications to turn on offline finding

(Topic created: 01-13-2021 05:24 AM)
Members_7d0tbfq
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Just started getting repeated notifications to turn on offline finding. There doesn't seem to be any way to turn these notifications off. It's almost time to replace my phone, it's like Samsung is trying to convince me not to get another one of theirs.

81 Replies
userUHL5yItedd
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Like everyone else that has commented here, I followed several suggestions to resolve this. None of them worked. So, I set the system default sound to "Silent" and set unique sounds for my other apps. Actually, this was on my wifes phone and she is not amused. She is mad at me like this is my fault.

I have an S20 FE and there are "issues" with this as well that will make me look for another phone; for me, my wife, and my mother-in-law.

I don't care if you even fix Samscum. I'm done with you.

0 Likes
userdIdyMTUPtw
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am flat out losing my mind over this.  It's my work phone, but I am turning it off until IT can fix it.  This simply should not be allowed.    

mr_tim
Halo
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I turned off Find My Mobile and am still getting this all the time. it's really annoying. 

I need to think about another brand of phone. 

This is not "Solved"

FahQue
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Bloody annoying. This will be my last Samsung phone is this keeps up.
userOWGr8vw8Dh
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

If this "new feature' slider doesn't turn off these notifications I say we all file a group law suit for harrasment. 

@FahQue wrote:
Bloody annoying. This will be my last Samsung phone is this keeps up.

I even dm'd them on twitter and they just ignored it. 

0 Likes
userULVfVVAWDR
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Open "Find my Mobile"

In the top right select the three dots and then select "Notifications"

In this screen turn off the option for "new features" 

Samsung_ZIwTmtg
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you so much. Finally have control of my phone again. May you have many safe orbits.

0 Likes
userUtz878maTR
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Had the same annoying issue from yesterday,

I clicked on notification and the clicked outside "I Agree" pop up message.

Then top right the 3 dots on the screen I clicked them and there was a "New Features" enabled.

I turned this off with the slider.

Hope this helps!!!

user4CdEEqVroM
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Dear Samsung, Please be advised all help Samsung has offered has not helped. At this point I can only conclude that Samsung is knowingly and willingly causing me emotional distress by these continued push notification that repeat on an every 2hour (started at every 10 minutes). Please stop this, now considered harrassment, immediately.
Solution
userwcfYa8VVMP
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi Everyone, these notifications are indeed very frustrating. The below did the trick for me, not getting these non-stop notifications anymore. Hope it works for you too.

Offline find notifications.jpg