JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Annoying notifications to turn on offline finding

(Topic created: 01-13-2021 03:07 PM)
Members_7d0tbfq
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Just started getting repeated notifications to turn on offline finding. There doesn't seem to be any way to turn these notifications off. It's almost time to replace my phone, it's like Samsung is trying to convince me not to get another one of theirs.

81 Replies
user9QydCWG0nE
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you, this seems to have resolved. Why did I have to go to last page to find solution? Why is the solution marked as submitting an error log when this was desired/planned functionality, NOT an error? They sure do care about user xp these guys. It just cracks me up that I had to turn the feature ON first in order to turn the notifications OFF. 

0 Likes
userH9jdZtQjMK
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Where is this? 

I have 3 options on the phone for Find My Mobile and all are non-functional.  In other words, you can't change the settings.

0 Likes
spotpea
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same. I'm on the S20 FE 5G so none of these suggestions are appearing on my phone.

This is ridiculous to the point where I'm considering returning the phone.

0 Likes
Cindy100
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Mine already show Find My Mobile grayed out and off. Still getting notifications. If they know this is a problem why haven't they bothered to fix it. We can't be the only ones going nuts with this.

user3voWP5XWZq
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

This didn't work for me, perhaps because the screens didn't look the same on my phone. Is it possible to make this a simple, step by step process?

userpCeCV5JzM1
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I just tried this. I certainly hope it works. These notifications have been driving me crazy. It is a shame that Samsung couldn't tell us how to fix this or have a toggle feature already sent in an update. Thank you so much. 

0 Likes
userDu9GFM3cEF
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks, this fixed it for me too. Was ready to chuck my phone over a cliff! Smiley Frustrated

0 Likes
user5VOLHHig1D
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

This does work if you have a Samsung account set up.

If you don't have a Samsung account though, you CANNOT disable these notifications.

Beyond annoying, and extremely suspicious that you want my data and permissions just so I can disable a tracker. 

userrWDZOcmTzo
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I guess this is my last Samsung.   I think I'm going to start using burners, crikey 

userbbwRcqTEwV
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I wonder if Samsung is reading this and seeing the bad reaction from their customers? Bad product marketing and they should be apologetic and proactive in remedying any breach of customer privacy and preferences.