cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Re: Annoying notifications to turn on offline finding

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I shouldn't have to install/ activate something I don't want in order to turn the notifications off.  That's manipulation,  people.  

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My screen doesn't have that third selector on it. nor do I have the three little dots to get to notification. S8 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My samsung SM G930A does not show the three dots at the top of the "< Find My Mobile" screen. I have the switches for "Remote Control", Google Location Services", and "Send Last Location", (all off) but no "edit" dots at the top.

BTW< Who the heck ever gave yuou the right to ring my phone every 30 minutes  evry day 24/7? STOP THIS STUPID APP FROM ANNOYING ME!!

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried to accept and click agree then manually turn it off... wallaa! Solved. No more notifications!

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1.) Never send me a notification.

2.) NEVER. SEND ME. A NOTIFICATION.

3.) If I want to turn off/ uninstall/ block your apps you WILL let me. I bought and paid for this device, you are not somehow privileged. This "service" and the way it is being thrust on me has filled me with a seething rage. I am ENRAGED, Samsung. This is all multiplied by the fact it's a tracking utility. I don't want it, I never wanted it, and the fact this was ever pushed to customers is a joke. Just stop.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As of now, I was not able to disable this notification, but swiping it to the side half an inch gives you the settings icon, and then tapping the notification category (left to the disabled toggle button) allows you to downgrade its importance to low, meaning no visual interruption or sound, plus a low priority on the notification panel (reduced font size and collapsed to one narrow line).

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
At least for me, this is a recent issue yet not a single update has been issued by Samsung for my phone since 23 November of 2020. WHAT THE HE** IS GOING ON, SAMSUNG?
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If i want offline finding, ill turn it on. 

I'm "ok" with a notification informing me of a new feature, once. Not every x minutes until i cave in and turn it on. 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No idea what the listed solution is supposed to do.

Running this command will disable it on your phone:

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.fmm

JUMP TO SOLUTION
came here because this notification was happening several times per 10 minute period. absolute failure in user experience