JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Annoying notifications to turn on offline finding

(Topic created: 01-16-2021 06:20 PM)
Members_7d0tbfq
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Just started getting repeated notifications to turn on offline finding. There doesn't seem to be any way to turn these notifications off. It's almost time to replace my phone, it's like Samsung is trying to convince me not to get another one of theirs.

81 Replies
userkfqrvyBLGp
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

If i want offline finding, ill turn it on. 

I'm "ok" with a notification informing me of a new feature, once. Not every x minutes until i cave in and turn it on. 

Samsung_7yiJA2n
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No idea what the listed solution is supposed to do.

Running this command will disable it on your phone:

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.fmm

0 Likes
S20UltraOnGoogleFi
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
came here because this notification was happening several times per 10 minute period. absolute failure in user experience
userMW-eB52
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey everyone, the FMM notification is seriously ANNOYING. Trying some of the solutions on this forum brought no joy.  So i did a little toggling here and there and may have a work around.  Goto settings/ accessibility/ advanced settings/ TURN OFF - notification reminders.  I'm on S10 with the latest update. Its worked so far, sooo much joy.

@Members_7d0tbfq wrote:

Just started getting repeated notifications to turn on offline finding. There doesn't seem to be any way to turn these notifications off. It's almost time to replace my phone, it's like Samsung is trying to convince me not to get another one of theirs.

userCEZv5DmJzG
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm on Samsung 10 and all these options to turn them off are greyed out

0 Likes
userNsqsNT86Ya
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

This is extremely annoying and woke me up at 2am and I couldn't get back to sleep and in turn my work performance suffered throughout the day.

SAMSUNG.... PLEASE... STOP THIS!

user4CdEEqVroM
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
solution for me. I had to turn off the find my ohone completely AND turn off New Feature Notification under the Find Phone Feature. I do not dare turn the feature back oneven with leaving the NEw Feature off. To scared it will start over. shame on you Samsung for having such sloppy software control.
draganil
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

10x

0 Likes
userG41duTqXAA
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Someone else posted this but it works..

...Go to Settings then Apps. Scroll down until you find the Find my Phone  app. Tap the app and NOT the settings for the app. Ignore everything but tap the three dots on the top right of the screen. It should say "Uninstall updates". Tap that and agree to uninstall the updates. 

useru6VA8vj0qc
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
This worked for me!!!
0 Likes