JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Annoying notifications to turn on offline finding

(Topic created: 02-05-2021 07:27 PM)
Members_7d0tbfq
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Just started getting repeated notifications to turn on offline finding. There doesn't seem to be any way to turn these notifications off. It's almost time to replace my phone, it's like Samsung is trying to convince me not to get another one of theirs.

81 Replies
userCjjnkTvMtY
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

This solution doesnt work and these notifications are relentless all times of day and night

Although 'Send last location is a feature I had checked

I unchecked all and it still sends me a notification, rebooted the phone and its the first notification before it finishes booting

PLEASE FIX we have several S20FEs and THE NOTIFICATIONS ARE DRIVING US CRAZY

userrWDZOcmTzo
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I shouldn't have to install/ activate something I don't want in order to turn the notifications off.  That's manipulation,  people.  

0 Likes
userltflOHVIh2
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My screen doesn't have that third selector on it. nor do I have the three little dots to get to notification. S8 

0 Likes
user67BNa0N227
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My samsung SM G930A does not show the three dots at the top of the "< Find My Mobile" screen. I have the switches for "Remote Control", Google Location Services", and "Send Last Location", (all off) but no "edit" dots at the top.

BTW< Who the heck ever gave yuou the right to ring my phone every 30 minutes  evry day 24/7? STOP THIS STUPID APP FROM ANNOYING ME!!

0 Likes
user7rRYtKiHyy
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I tried to accept and click agree then manually turn it off... wallaa! Solved. No more notifications!

0 Likes
userCEZv5DmJzG
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I've tried this solution. My options are greyed out I can't turn them on or off. This notification has become extremely annoying

0 Likes
userqrVypa63Sk
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yup, this worked, nice find.

I contacted Samsung support through Chat and first got a "Community Expert" or something who as far as I could tell essentially never actually bothered to understand my issue and just kept searching for keywords to articles that may or may not have been related (none were).  When I escalated to "real" Samsung support, agent insisted on an app to take control of my phone, and also didn't understand my issue.  When I showed him the un-disable-able notification setting, he tried launching this spyware and I had to immediately press "NO" when it asked for permission.  Then he said, you have to press "YES" when it prompts you, which is what everyone on this thread understands is precisely what we don't want to do.

I use Samsung products all over the place, but this unacceptably poor bug (or deliberate design choice, which would be even worse) coupled with the disastrous customer support is making me rethink my loyalty. 

0 Likes
user9LmCKygKq9
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

1.) Never send me a notification.

2.) NEVER. SEND ME. A NOTIFICATION.

3.) If I want to turn off/ uninstall/ block your apps you WILL let me. I bought and paid for this device, you are not somehow privileged. This "service" and the way it is being thrust on me has filled me with a seething rage. I am ENRAGED, Samsung. This is all multiplied by the fact it's a tracking utility. I don't want it, I never wanted it, and the fact this was ever pushed to customers is a joke. Just stop.

userBoCghdQUGC
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

As of now, I was not able to disable this notification, but swiping it to the side half an inch gives you the settings icon, and then tapping the notification category (left to the disabled toggle button) allows you to downgrade its importance to low, meaning no visual interruption or sound, plus a low priority on the notification panel (reduced font size and collapsed to one narrow line).

FahQue
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
At least for me, this is a recent issue yet not a single update has been issued by Samsung for my phone since 23 November of 2020. WHAT THE HE** IS GOING ON, SAMSUNG?