JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Annoying notifications to turn on offline finding

(Topic created: 12-27-2020 01:49 PM)
Members_7d0tbfq
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Just started getting repeated notifications to turn on offline finding. There doesn't seem to be any way to turn these notifications off. It's almost time to replace my phone, it's like Samsung is trying to convince me not to get another one of theirs.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
81 Replies
userpQWpBYz0I8
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Sad to say but it doesn't work. After about an hour of quiet, it came back with a vengeance.

0 Likes
userf7LYwbJd2e
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

i coulnd't find any app called 'Message Storage' under system apps

Samsung S10e Android 10

0 Likes
user4CdEEqVroM
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
i did this and rebooted phone. did not stop it. cannot find links they show to send a report. fixing to take a hammer to it for garenteed fix. samsung, WHATS UP?
0 Likes
userm2fDcqhBgF
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yeah I'm about to switch to an iphone, I'm tired of samsung harassing me to turn on my location so it can track me whenever I go and these stupid ads they give me all the time.

0 Likes
userBZaKtWmLBg
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
just wait to you see how much Apple tracks you. going to Apple is a terrible idea. I waited 3 weeks to get a password reset from Apple. 3 weeks!!!!
0 Likes
user7ntH5BLgSX
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same problem here - WHY do they do this? It looks like I am going to go back to my iPhone which is not perfect but at least they lisiten when users get feed up with forced rubbish like this.

userBZaKtWmLBg
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
iphone doesn't listen to their customers...at all.
0 Likes
masque3000
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm experiencing this annoyance as well several times per hour. It's suggesting that I enable Offline Finding for Find My Mobile (FMM), but I deliberately left that option toggled off. I've tried turning off FMM completely then back on, but this issue remains. There is no way to stop the notifications. They need to fix this ASAP!

userhXbnB2PN77
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I got so tired of it I turned off the find my phone completely.  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I finally just turned off "find my mobile" completely hopefully that works.

I have ESET antitheft which can do the same thing. Can't google also do it? So f'ign annoying. I've already blocked all notifications and nags from anything samsung related but the FMM notifications can't be hidden.

No way I'm letting my phone be part of some p2p tracking network run by Samsung. No doubt it will be future news about how due to weak security it can be co-opted by hackers and stalkers, NSA and whatever.

I wish Google would make a real Pixel competitor to Samsung's flagship I could buy instead. Or really most anyone else... how did we get here where Apple and Samsung are the only real flagship choices? I know Huawei makes a nice phone, but I don't trust them anymore than I do the NSA, and the export issues for android really make it non-starter for the future. What happend to HTC and LG? Please someone offer me an Android option to this inbred dynastical messed-up company.

0 Likes