JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Autocorrect and predictive text not working on A11 after update

(Topic created: 09-13-2021 11:04 AM)
AshliD
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have a galaxy A11 and there was an update yesterday so i did it but now whenever im texting it wont auto correct anything nor will ir predict next word, no auto puncuation no spell check obviously lol. Pleasr help, jve checked the setting and its all on like it shohld be to work, everything. I did look online and saw someone was having a very similiar problem and they were told to clear data so i did clear date but it didnt work. I also cant swype which is so fruatfating to have to click on every letter when u are used to swyping!! 

Please help jm bout ready to lose my mjnd nothing seems to be working and im gonna tjrow this thing lol

Hope someone can help, 
thank u have a great day
9 Replies
mankynn
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have a A10 and I still have no update
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for reaching out.  I see you have done lots of troubleshooting and I understand how stressful this can be. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number, baseband version, service provider?

Are you using the stock messaging app?

Are you using the stock keyboard?

How long have you been experiencing these symptoms?

Next step, I would recommend wiping the cache partition: 

Give these steps a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When you see Samsung Galaxy A11, release the Power key but continue holding the Volume Up key.
  4. When you see the Android Recovery screen, release the Volume Up key.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight the wipe cache partition.
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, then press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete and the Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
AshliD
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I wiped the cache and nothing works I'm using the Google keyboard now. I even went to a store to have them take a looks and all they did was do the lastest software update AGAIN. That's is what caused it in the first place so wasn't sure how that was gonna fix it.... I have literally done everything I can. I contact someone on FB and they told me to do a bunch of stuff that didn't work. I say an update for the Samsung keyboard today and did the update hopeing that would fix it but it didn't. I don't know where to find the info you need. Trying to find the box it came in and this has been happening since the software update I did about 2 weeks ago now.
AshliD
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Took a pic of the box it came in I go through AT&T for my provider. Not sure what baseband version means and don't know where to find the model number hope the pics help u to find them thank u
0 Likes
usery1U1SGHpAR
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm having the same issue with my A11 on AT&T.  I performed the procedure Samsung Adam suggested - no result.

0 Likes
AshliD
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yup still waiting for them to get back to me but it's been a few days I e gone back to using the Google board at least I can Swype and my s spelled right haha

0 Likes
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

A fix to this issue has been released. Please go into Settings > General Management > Samsung Keyboard settings > Languages and types > Manage Input Languages > Select the download option next to English. Please let us know if this helps. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

AshliD
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
YES!!! Thank you so much!! I Finally have my keyboard back!
SamShady
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
This happened to me after last update and fix just worked ty!!!
0 Likes