For those having bug issues after updating to One UI 5.0 (Android 13), if you haven't already done so, please try to clear the phone cache thru recovery mode.
To get to recovery mode:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET)
- Use power button to select.
**I personally do this 3 times**
- Navigate back up to Restart and select.
This usually fixes bugs after updates. NOT GUARANTEED, but worth trying!
LMK if this has helped you!
Solved! Go to Solution.
I agree. However, not everyone wants to go thru that time-consuming process step one. I'm simply offering a possible solution for those who want to go the freshie route as a last resort.
I have tried this severally but some of my apps on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra would not load. Keeps asking that I clear the cache which of course did not help. Very frustrating as some of these apps are for banking and finance. Looks like Samsung is using amateurs or interns for their so called "updates " which I am AFRAID to even accept. It bricked my Watch 4 Classics after an "update"
Following the instructions did help with some of the flakiness and helped with an app I was having issues with once I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Before following these instructions uninstalling and reinstalling the app did not work.