JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bad experience with warranty service for connectivity issue

(Topic created: 09-10-2021 10:23 AM)
userrhe6KmMwGL
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Wanted to share my experience with poor costumer service.

My wife's A11 was having connectivity issues on voice/txt/cellular data. My carrier, Boost, lists on their homepage that as a know issue with certain models of A11. Took it to the store where they confirmed this to be the likely issues and sent me to Samsung licensed repair place in town, where they after a couple of days confirmed that this was indeed a hardware issues they could not fix. Contacted Samsung care that again confirmed based on diagnostic over the phone that this was indeed a warranty issues and provided shipping service to ship it in for repair (the only good thing in this story).

Latest update yesterday, however, was that this is all of a sudden water damage - which conveniently for Samsung is not covered under warranty.

First, this phone has never seen water that should pose any problem unless it's so poorly built that a bit of sweaty palms would ruin it. Then according to the service rep that i called, there are water damage indicators in the phone, yet that was somehow not noticed at all by the licensed repair place that already inspected it? And even more curious, repair estimate is for a new LCD? What at all does the LCD have to do with connectivity issues? And the kicker is that the repair estimate is about as expensive as the original cost of the phone. Ridiculous all around...

I get it, this was not an expensive phone to begin with and I'm not looking for a discounted repair estimate or some other pointless excuse. Too much time and money has been wasted already. I already bought a new phone of a different brand and this does not give my much interest in buying Samsung products in the future.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Good afternoon, I certainly understand your frustrations. Unfortunately once the determination for damage has been made, we are unable to alter this decision. I truly apologize there was not more I could offer. If you have insurance through your carrier, you may have some additional options through them.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Good afternoon, I certainly understand your frustrations. Unfortunately once the determination for damage has been made, we are unable to alter this decision. I truly apologize there was not more I could offer. If you have insurance through your carrier, you may have some additional options through them.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes