cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userz0YqyNt6jt
Asteroid

Battery Drain A3 2017

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased this phone at the beginning of July and as far as I can remember, the battery life was ok/good for about 3 weeks. Then the "cell standby" process started to eat up the battery. I have tried everything, clear cache, factory reset... nothing worked.

I even sent it to get it fixed, they said they installed the software again and measured the battery consumption and it was fine (so they said). So I'm wondering, what's the normal time to get on one battery charge ?

I just got back the support, so while I have a "clean" phone, no sim card, no wifi on, no profile created whatsover, "always on display" turn off, Iocation turned off, etc, basically all the stuff done to keep the battery consumption as low as possible, I get barely 15 hours on the battery while the phone is just "sitting" on the shelf. The only thing showing up in the battery usage is "cell standby" and the curve showing the draining is something around 40 degrees. I don't think that's quite normal but I'd like to hear comment from others.

For information, I also tried to turn on maximum the "battery saving" setting, and the behaviour is still exactly the same.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userz0YqyNt6jt
Asteroid

Re: Battery Drain A3 2017

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Problem is now solved after they changed the motherboard and the battery. So it was a hardware problem, not software...

2 REPLIES 2
userz0YqyNt6jt
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No one replied but I now have an update on this...

I found out that the battery is also draining as fast even if the phone is turned off (and I do mean the phone is powered off).. So it's now sent back for service, let's see what they say this time !

userz0YqyNt6jt
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Problem is now solved after they changed the motherboard and the battery. So it was a hardware problem, not software...