cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OzzieMite
Constellation

Re: Battery Drain A5 2017

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue with my samsung A5 2017 after an update sevral months ago the battery life became sorter and sorter, I v'e tried all the tips and nothing has help and from reading all the complaints about the same thing there seems to be an issue with the battery in this phone. Smiley Sad 

OzzieMite
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Come on samsung get it together you see all the complaints about the A5 2017 battery drain issue and all you can do is suggest the samething over and over again and then you don't reply for ages..if you want return customers turn up your act.

userpLxY1KeuXc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After trying every possible solutions (even after hard reset), Samsung A5 2017 battery draining issue is still there.

No one can beat Samsung A5 2017 in its stylish & premium looks, but exynos 7880 is not a capable processor in its price segment + battery drainage issue is also persistent.

I am heavy-heartedly swithching to moto phone. 

userJJ0ZKhISMK
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Battery drain is being the biggest issue for me on my A5 though i ve tried all battery saving apps but i didn't find any permanent solution except temporary solutions.

userx4mSNmcIOl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So now my A5 2017 duos also has developed the problem! Man Mad This means all 3 that I had eventually got the problem, rendering the phone useless. I decided to not have it repared even though it's still under warranty but instead get a new phone (A8 2018). They can't repair it anyway...

I can only advice people against buying the A5 2017!

userJ4FdWHUGQn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep, Same for me too, what a let down.

I bought the phone for the camera as it's 16MP, great for shots and skype too.

I did notice a bug - When you pulldown from the top screen and select the Torch, it does say currently in use by the camera when I'm not even using it. Do you think this bug is causing the battery drain???

The work around was to go into camera, turn on the flash, then de-activate it again.

Please fix this Samsung, it was fine before the update.

useruYHNBhUTFx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having exactly the same problems. Battery drains very quickly (off charge at 100% at around 7.30am and it's on around 20% by the time I get home at 5.30pm)... Most I do during the day is check messages and sometimes have sat nav on for half hour to check traffic. I called three for advice and was told to take it into a branch so they could look at it. I went into the three store where I bought it and after looking at a couple of settings, told me to either call Samsung and they'd send an envelope to send it to them or go into the samsSam shop in Newcastle (I live in Darlington). I took it there on Saturday and after being patronised by the advisor, they did a battery test and ran some diagnostics only to be told (after waiting while they messed around with someone's iPhone!) that there was nothing wrong with it, although apparently I have too many apps!

I have tried everything that has been suggested by everyone with no joy. My phone went from 55% when I was in Samsung to 24% when I got back to my car and when I tried to plug it in, it drained before my eyes to 13% then to 3%! It has just done the same thing tonight going from 20% when I left the room, to it being dead when I came back in 10 minutes later. 

Samsung, this is unacceptable! Too many people have this same issue, meaning WE are NOT at fault here! Three have told me that my warranty is with Samsung, so just to keep pushing, but I get the feeling that I'm going to have to put up with it as they seem useless at fixing anything.

Get your act together Samsung or you'll start losing more customers!

Good luck to everyone with the same issues, hope we all get sorted.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks! 

Highlighted
userL1p4mDK1v5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since the last update my a5 2017 had in november 30th im having the same issue, charge my phone to the 100% before going to bed and wake up with les than 50% just standing by with no apps active nor mobile data. Get to work with almost no battery, it lasts at best 1 hour. This cant be possible with a 4 month old phone.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please provide me with the troubleshooting steps you have tried as I don't want you to have to repeat? Could you also, please private message me with your full model number and IMEI?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.