Original topic:

Battery drain even after replacing battery

(Topic created: 10-20-2021 05:20 AM)
Qoh333
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

A month and a half ago I noticed huge battery drain after using Google Duo app, and even after replacing it with different video call app, the idle battery drain was still present. (The battery drain could’ve been present before but I just didn’t notice it.)

I checked usage data with Better Battery Stats and AccuBattery but with no avail, since they didn’t show anything unusual. Battery percentage drain was bigger than all of the added usage of different apps, and I had no suspicious wakelocks present. I also fiddled with the setting disabling background data usage, location services, etc… I also did wipe partition cache, and did a factory reset.

Last week I brought the phone to an official Samsung service center and they replaced my battery. Now, the battery does last longer but I am still losing cca 40% overnight without any visible cause. 

After that I flashed a new official firmware but the battery drain was still here.

The phone is A30s.

3 Replies
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Check your settings to see that you are allowing the Duo app to be put to sleep.

If that doesn't work, then some other app may be the cause, and you may want to set up a Bixby routine so that your phone goes into battery-saving mode at night when you sleep until you can discover the culprit.
Qoh333
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The thing is I have this battery drain in Power Saving Mode aswell as in Airplane Mode. So I don't think network usage or any app connecting to the internet is the culprit. I did factory reset last night with clean set up and the battery drain is STILL here. If it's a hardware issue I'd like to know what it might be the cause 

0 Likes
DrhjjoZ3
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have the exact same problem even without having installed any new apps lately. I did a factory reset, replaced the battery and it still loses around 10% per hour even overnight. I was told it could be a hardware issue like the power management chip but I'd like to eliminate everything else before I go there.

My phone is a galaxy A3 2017

0 Likes