JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby Routines vocalizing

(Topic created: 08-13-2021 03:44 AM)
georgiejr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I created a Bixby routine to turn on a certain alarm at a specific time.  When the time came, it would vocalize and say " Turning alarm off" .  Then recently,  I would no longer hear "Turning alarm off" but the routine still executed.  I might have changed a setting (of which I cannot recall) or maybe a software upgrade might have disabled vocalizing.  Previously, there were at least 3 routines which was time specific that would vocalize what the routine was doing like "Your alarm for 6 am tomorrow has been set".  Now, all routines are silent but they do get executed.  Anybody have had this experience.  Please advise and thank you.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@georgiejr Bixby has its own volume control. Have you checked to see if the Bixby volume control is low or mute?

georgiejr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi LongHiker,  where do I find the volume control for Bixby?  

0 Likes
georgiejr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I found it and volume was set to zero.  Set it to the loudest and tested my routine and working fine now.  Thank you.

Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

after checking the settings and confirm that nothing has changed, then you can submit an error report to Smasung Members after it happens again to see if it indeed is an update or misbehavior of Bixby. 

that being said you have the latest version of Bixby right? Could you share your device's model number and the software version?

0 Likes
georgiejr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi,  Bixby Voice version 3.1.20.2.   I have the A52 5G (SM-A526B/DS. Build number: RP1A.200720.012.A526BXXSS1Aug1

0 Likes