JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bluetooth range distance connectivity (galaxy a20)

(Topic created: 07-26-2020 04:47 PM)
Danivan
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

After the last software update for galaxy A20 on july 19th the bluetooth connectivity from 20(+/-) feet distance to receiver device suffered significant damage in the range to maximum 7 feet far from receiver device and just the hand behind the phone block the signal. 

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Are you able to test with any other Bluetooth devices? The next step would be to have the phone evaluated by a certified technician. To look into your options, please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number of the phone. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Samsung_eulwP11
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same problem. Tried everything I could think of including factory reset. No go. Be nice to get some help.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Have you tried resetting the network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Danivan
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Tried but still the same 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Are you able to test with any other Bluetooth devices? The next step would be to have the phone evaluated by a certified technician. To look into your options, please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number of the phone. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

JtkLandinez
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Same problem that @Danivan I think is a problem of the model and the updated of the software the bluetooth now is useless you can't even use it in the car. hopefully Samsung come with one solution, I tried everything even factory reset, and hard reset
0 Likes
userZrmt7dSOkU
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Had the same problem.   Did network reset as suggested in one of the posts.. it did not help.

What works for me:  Turn on wifi .. that's it.    Even if you aren't connected to anything on wifi, for some reason, having it ON affects bluetooth.  My guess is that it has something to do with power management?

Danivan
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks it works very well with wifi on I have no idea how it affects the wifi on bluetooth but it really works.

0 Likes