cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Bluetooth signal abysmal since 10.0 update (Galaxy A20)

Ever since the update my signal is absolutely horrible, even little things such as turning my head the opposite direction of the phone or passing my hand over the top of the screen will make the signal basically sputter and drop completely over the course of a few seconds. 

I have to have the phone directly in front of me or on the same side of me as my connected devices reciever.

I have tried several bluetooth devices on this phone (GalaxyA20) with the same result, and have tried them all on a Stylus2 i had laying around with absolutely no issues, i have full capability and can walk pretty far across the house from my phone before it starts to give any issues. 

I have also tried factory resetting the phone to clear any system issues or other problems only to have the same results with 10.0 being installed automatically.

I've never had this issue before the update, so I'm assuming it has something to do with that and i cant get it back to 9.0 to verify this. 

Does anyone know if theres a fix or workaround for this? 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Bluetooth signal abysmal since 10.0 update (Galaxy A20)

I have the same problem. Got 2 replacement phones thru warranty with T-mobile after doing connection reset, and factory reset. I tested this phone out before taking it home, and I still have the same issue. Seemed to work fine in the store, but after moving all my apps and data over to this phone, I have the issue again. It leads me to believe it's a conflict with the A20 and the apps and/or data I have on it. But the A21 I bought to replace it works just fine, but I hate the screen and the slipperier phone. My wife's A20 works just fine with the Bluetooth, so again, I'm guessing it's just a conflict between nonsystem apps/data and the firmware specific to the A20. It'd be great if Samsung weighed in on this, T-mobile said I'm the only one who has complained of this issue. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Bluetooth signal abysmal since 10.0 update (Galaxy A20)

Doing a quick Google search of "android 10 bluetooth signal" i got a bunch of results for this exact issue but none of the fixes actually work or solve anything. It appears to affect the a10,a20 and s20, and is only after the 10.0 update installs.

I'm really at a loss as to what to do and about to drop samsung and use a different company if this is random across their models, as you said your wifes works and yours doesn't even after upgrading phones. 

Sounds like tmobile doesn't know what to do. i agree that Samsung should acknowledge this as clearly it's been reported by alot of people even as far back as the 10.0 soft launch last year.