Original topic:

Broken phone retreive photos

(Topic created on: 4/12/21 8:51 AM)
user6YN7lbyzGw
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Good afternoon, 

I wondered if anyone could give me some advice please. 

My Samsung A40 was in my handbag and ful bottle of water leaked out on it. 

I let the phone dry for a week and it will still not turn on or do anything. 

The majority of my photos i would put straight on my laptop but the latest i didn't get round to doing  so, so i have lost around 50 photo's. 

(I thought i had them on backed up on samsung but it appears i didn't)

Does anyone know if/how i can extract these photo's or know of a secure app that is able to retrieve photo's from a completely broken phone please? I tried plugging it in the computer but it doesn't show up on the laptop. 

(Also a random question. my phone was water damaged on tuesday I've brought a new phone, installed whatsapp again it backdated all my old messages apart from messages sent between tuesday and when my new phone arrived saturday. are those messages lost forever ? or is there a way of finding these? I definatly had messages being sent to me in this time and friends are saying the messages have 2 ticks next to them, i've restarted the phone etc)

I would really appreicate any help please 

thank you for your time 

kind regards Laura :)

2 Replies
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Did you have your cloud set up on your Google account? If so your photos may be saved and re-uploaded onto your next device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you

user6YN7lbyzGw
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for your response 

I've looked but unfortuantley it hasn't been saving photo's since Jan 2021. 

I didn't turn it off or change the settings so i'm not sure why it has stoppped backdating at this time, so there are no backdated photo's from Jan to now 

thank you for your time 

0 Likes