Original topic:

Buffering is Baaaaad

(Topic created: 10-21-2021 09:27 AM)
HitEmWitDaHein
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have 2 Samsung phones. An old J7 & S10. No matter what network (wifi or data) I use.  There is constant buffering. The wifi is my own home's wifi. It'll buffer when I'm the only one using the wifi. No other devices are connected to it. I have already reset network, cleared cache to; uninstalled/reinstalled YT, HULU AND NETFLIX,  and factory reset. STILL BUFFERING. Everything is up to date. It's truly frustrating. My husband has an S20 and he never has the problems I have with both of my devices. It'll take 30 min to watch a 5min video. Its ridiculous. 
2 Replies
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I don't think you understand what buffering is. Without buffering you wouldn't be able to watch anything. You need to do a speed check on your wi-fi and you're probably not getting a strong signal from your carrier in your home.

Does the problem persist in other areas? Or just at home? If the problem duplicates elsewhere then I think you have a hardware issue with the phone. Try some of the diagnostic tools here in this app to help sort out the issue.
0 Likes
HitEmWitDaHein
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It persists anywhere. So what would you call it when a video is frozen with a circle of dots rotating on the screen? Whatever you call it. Its constantly happening. As for speed the wifi is 8.34 mbps 41ping. My cell serv speed 10.98 mbps 25 ping. My husband got 31.16mpbs 21-ping on wifi 21.58 mbps 94 ping on cell serv. Diagnostic tools didn't pick up the problem. So that didn't solve my problems.
0 Likes