JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Burnt charger port and chemical smell from battery

(Topic created: 09-14-2021 04:04 AM)
userQ541YcCIxR
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I was charging my phone yesterday just with the charger I got with the phone. After a few minutes I got an alert saying I should retract the charger from the port, so I did this immediatly. After this, the charger port was not just warm, it was hot, I couldn’t even though it anymore with my hands because of the heat. At the same moment the phone gave a smell of a burnt battery.
All of this after buying a new battery which was also placed in my phone by a Samsung center. The charger port was also not moistured at all. Even for a phone of more or less 3 years old, this shouldn’t be happening at all!

I was lucky that I was charging the phone during the day, but imagine what could have happened when I was sleeping… Molten batteries can cause serious cancer, not even talking about the possibility of my house being burnt away due to this deffect.

I’m not sure if Samsung can provide me from a compensation which is good enough to forget this. This is the worst defect that a phone could have and it shouldn’t happen at all.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I understand how concerning this is. I will be happy to look into this further for you. Please send a private message with the following information: http://bit.ly/2XERsky If the PM link is not working for you, you can click on my name and send me a private message directly from my profile.

Full name:
Complete physical address:
Contact phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:
Model Code of the phone:
IMEI number of the phone:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
praygirl
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Awful , dangerous , could be a killer.Do something abt this ladies phone as well. !
0 Likes
Njdan30
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
1st to get anything, it would have to be proven it wasn't a factor from user error such as using a bad wire, bad charger box,outlet, etc or if phone has been opened or modified by user or a non authorized repair shop, and in guessing it would also depend if the model is still being supported as the warranty period is over. I'm speaking from experiences from helping customers when I owned my own cell phone shop. They can't just go on a customers word as some aren't very forthcoming and NO I'm NOT SAYING you aren't. Maybe start with contacting Samsung directly and or the repair center whom done the work and see if they implied any warranty on their work. I think this maybe Samsung support 18007267864
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I understand how concerning this is. I will be happy to look into this further for you. Please send a private message with the following information: http://bit.ly/2XERsky If the PM link is not working for you, you can click on my name and send me a private message directly from my profile.

Full name:
Complete physical address:
Contact phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:
Model Code of the phone:
IMEI number of the phone:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes