Original topic:

Call recording does not work

(Topic created: 12-05-2022 01:13 PM)
OneSkyWalker
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I want to automatically record every call to and from my Samsung Galaxy A12 phone running Android 12 on the T-Mobile cellular network. I live in Boulder County in Colorado, where it is legal to record my calls without notifying the other party. I installed the Automatic Call Recorder from Appliqato and ran into the problem documented in the How to Record Calls on Your Android Phone article, which says, "Apps on devices with Android 9 and earlier should still be able to record phone calls without bumping into Google’s latest restrictions. But apps on phones with Android 10 or higher that try to use the accessibility service may run afoul of Google’s new policy." and "Make sure your phone uses the Phone by Google app, and not Samsung's Phone app, for instance."

I followed instructions in the article (including enabling except that I am still using Samsung's Phone app) and found that I could record my side of the conversation but could not record audio from the other party to the call.

Please note that I enabled the Android accessibility service, which the article says is required to get call recording to work on Android 10 or higher. And please note that native Samsung call recording does not work in the United States, so please don't suggest using that.

Has anyone been able to get Automatic Call Recorder working on a Samsung phone on T-Mobile by installing and using the Phone by Google app? Has anyone been able to automatically record every call to and from a Samsung phone on T-Mobile using an app other than Automatic Call Recording?

3 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Cube ACR is about the best it's gonna get now that Google decided for all of us that we don't need to record calls. I still use the Samsung phone app too.
0 Likes
Brneyes
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I've tried cube arc along with every automatically recorder àpp I could find and even the ones that say it'll record both sides don't ŵork....which i would assume that both sides shoukd be a given. To even see it meñtioned is ridiculous. Anyhow... all I can hear is myself talking. I don't get why I would want to record a call to just hear myself. Very frustrating.
0 Likes
upcountrygirl
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I am running into the same problem on a galaxy A12 running Android 11 with AT&T. Just chatted with Google play and they are acting like they have nothing to do with why it won't work. So frustrating!! Unfortunately this phone, which I just bought, has no internal recorder.
0 Likes