Original topic:

Calls and texts not coming through

(Topic created: 07-24-2021 11:31 AM)
Stefanie98
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Galaxy A31. The only time I can receive calls or texts is after immediately restarting my phone. Within a couple of hours I have to restart again. Tried everything that I can think of with the settings. This happens even though I am using default sounds. Is there something that I'm missing? 

8 Replies
JRTuttle4
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Have you checked to see if the "Do not disturb" option is getting enabled automatically or somehow? If you search in the phone Settings app for "Do not disturb" it should come up. On my Galaxy S10+ you can have it on a schedule, so if there is a schedule setup in there that could be enabling it automatically.Screenshot_20210722-001504_Settings_51497.jpg
0 Likes
Stefanie98
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks for the reply. I have checked and it's always off. The problem began 3 updates ago.
0 Likes
space_pro
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Check that your Network settings are set to detect network automatically or if it is, then try selecting the network you want to use. Otherwise, maybe some other app has permission to manage calls and texts that is causing issue when some service is run on device. Check communication apps for permission settings and make sure phone, contact, and messaging permissions only are set for default to potentially isolate issue.
Stefanie98
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks! Will try this
0 Likes
Rogue74
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have the same issue some times I will get the call or text the next day and be confused lol
0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

have you contacted the carrier? 

0 Likes
Stefanie98
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yes! They fed me a line of *****. However I tried space_pro's advice and so far my phone is working. Fingers crossed!

space_pro
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Glad I could help!