cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Camera Front Flash Not work after upgrade to Oreo (Galaxy J7 Neo)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you believe the issue is caused by something hardware related, you are welcome to have the phone evaluated by a technician. You can always visit a local uBreakiFix location as these locations are Samsung authorized to cover both in-and-out of warranty symptoms. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userec7ahIxuGJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im using Samsung J7 2016 after updating oreo software my camera front flash doesn't work. I'm using youcam perfect selfie camera front flash doesnt support. I received a error box like Samsung phone prohibit front flash permission for 3rd party camera app. Why this occured.  Please fix the error or sent me solution 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does the front flash work with the stock camera?

userec7ahIxuGJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes front flash is working for default camera but it's not supported for other selfie camera apps 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out to the developers as it's a symptom of the third-party application.

usernoXz9flTjY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh wow! This is really embarrassing! The customer is doing his best at reporting the real issue, and Samsung's support team is just doing their best to ignore it? Really? I'm having that exact same issue here: the flash works perfectly fine with the native Camera app. However, when I try to use other camera apps which support front-cams flash, it doesn't light up. Please do not give me an answer like "If you want to use front cam's flash, use native app", because I was not informed before the firmware update, that my flash would stop working with 3rd party apps. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for reaching out for assistance. Since the native camera application is working at this time, we would recommend reaching out to the application's developers for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.