Original topic:

Camera time out issue

(Topic created: 08-22-2022 05:06 PM)
SafeSideVeteran
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
This is on a galaxy s10. My cable tv is malfunctioning and i am getting lots of pixelation. I am trying to record a video of it happening, using my cell phone's camera. So. I start up the camera app, switch to video mode, and then i hold the phone up in front of the tv....but i dont know when it might show up on the screen agsin and i dont want to keep videoing everything. So, i want to wait until some pixelation displays and then press the start button for the camera. But before that happens, the camera app keeps closing out, as those there is some sort of inactivity timeout for the camera. Is there any way to turn that feature off?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I understand your concerns on wanting to take a video of your TV using your phone and I will be more than happy to take a look into this for you. 

The camera on your Galaxy phone is capable of recording Ultra HD and 8K videos. However, video resolutions this high require a great deal of processing and battery power. To prevent your phone from overheating, higher resolution videos have a 10-minute recording limit, but you can choose a lower resolution to extend your recording time.

Open the Camera app. The rear camera and front facing camera have separate resolution settings, so switch to the camera you'll be using. 

Tap the resolution icon at the top of the screen. It will be the fifth icon for rear facing cameras, and third for the selfie camera.

Tap any of the FHD or HD options to have an extended recording time.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I understand your concerns on wanting to take a video of your TV using your phone and I will be more than happy to take a look into this for you. 

The camera on your Galaxy phone is capable of recording Ultra HD and 8K videos. However, video resolutions this high require a great deal of processing and battery power. To prevent your phone from overheating, higher resolution videos have a 10-minute recording limit, but you can choose a lower resolution to extend your recording time.

Open the Camera app. The rear camera and front facing camera have separate resolution settings, so switch to the camera you'll be using. 

Tap the resolution icon at the top of the screen. It will be the fifth icon for rear facing cameras, and third for the selfie camera.

Tap any of the FHD or HD options to have an extended recording time.