cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_IChulyv
Constellation

Camera won't open

Galaxy J7 Crown

After the recent system update, my camera won't open. I get a popup message: Camera keeps stopping.

I cleared system cache and camera cache and powered off phone. Is there anything else I can do or do I have to wait for an update?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
OGBrock
Cosmic Ray

Re: Camera won't open

power phone off then hold power and volume down button at same time till a dead android guy shows up then select wipe system cache reboot

Samsung_IChulyv
Constellation

I powered off phone,  wiped system cache, cleared camera cache and data, force stopped app, and tried in safe mode. Nothing has worked.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there!

Lets try clearing the cache of your gallery application and force stoping both the gallery and the camera application.

First, go to Settings > Application Setting or Apps
Now go to All > look for Gallery > clear Cache of Gallery
When you have done these things, now you need to press Force Stop button
At last, restart your device and now open the camera app and check if the problem is resolved or not.

After checking that, please do the same for the Camera application and check back in with me to let me know if the symptoms persist.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried force stopping the camera app and clearing the cache and data?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung_IChulyv
Constellation

Yes, it didn't work

Masoud12794
Constellation

did you problem solve?