cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Can anyone help? Phone stuck in loop!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please can anyone help! My phone (Galaxy S6) is stuck in a loop of looks like restarting and I can't turn it off!

It looks like it's not fully restarting, it just switches between black SAMSUNG screen and the loss screen. But when swipe on the lock screen to open phone it goes back to black SAMSUNG screen. Doing it on its own too without touching it.

Any ideas how to properly turn off/restart? Fix this? All help welcome I am stuck in self isolation and really need my phone

Thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Can anyone help? Phone stuck in loop!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! 

Try doing this:

Hold the power button and the volume up button and the home button. You should get to a screen with different options. This is called recovery mode on the Android.

You can move up and down with the volume buttons and you can use the power button to select. Try wiping cache partition and then restart the phone. If that doesn't work, try getting into recovery mode again (Hold the power button and the volume up button and the home button) and then factory reset the device. 

Let me know if that helps! Thanks.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

???

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would say to wait it out for now. I had an issue like this on my S6 active and my brother had the same issue on his S8 but what we both did was wait. If it still continues find a way to possibly get in the phone and disconnect the battery and reconnect it.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey

How long did you wait with the s6? Did it just return to normal as quickly as it messed up ?

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! 

Try doing this:

Hold the power button and the volume up button and the home button. You should get to a screen with different options. This is called recovery mode on the Android.

You can move up and down with the volume buttons and you can use the power button to select. Try wiping cache partition and then restart the phone. If that doesn't work, try getting into recovery mode again (Hold the power button and the volume up button and the home button) and then factory reset the device. 

Let me know if that helps! Thanks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for replying. Unfortunately the phone is just auto switching between black Samsung screen and lock screen but not accepting passcode. Cannot even get to recovery mode, holding buttons as above doesn't show anything different 😞

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, 

so you cannot get into recovery mode at all? Do you know if all the buttons work on your device? Thanks!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes all worked fine up to this morning no idea what happened. Nothing I do makes a difference.

someone suggested disconnecting / reconnecting battery, but phone is sealed. Looking into how to do this now

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I would recommend not to open your phone by itself. The battery is not meant to be messed with except by a Samsung Care authorized technician. Try bringing it to a Samsung Care authorized UBREAKIFIX centre or Samsung Experience Store so they can provide one on one attention to your phone. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Let me know if this helps. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your just gonna need a network reflash.