Original topic:

Can't Write to SD card w/ Galaxy A32 5G

(Topic created: 11-30-2022 09:52 PM)
userJetR2B7atm
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So I just got a notification saying my Galaxy A32 5G cant write to my Samsung 256gb EVO Select micro SD. I tried taking out and putting back in the card, i tried unmounting and remounting the card(the phone wont remount, it would just say 'mounting' and nothing would happen, I even tried to format the card but it doesn't even work. I've also tried to update the phone but there's no update at the moment. And it's been just under a year since I got both the phone and the micro sd card. I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm planning on getting a new micro sd but before I do, I want to to see if there's an actual solution to this. If anyone can help, please do.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Is it unencrypted
0 Likes
userJetR2B7atm
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yes, the micro sd card is not encrypted

0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Go back to the store where you got phone and the card the card is no good someone else has had before and returned it back causing problem on it.
0 Likes
userJetR2B7atm
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

i'm sorry. i thought the sd card was not encrypted because in the biometrics and security settings, it says "encrypt sd card". i got the micro sd card directly from samsung. and i'm not sure where to find if the phone is encrypted or not. i would assume it is since i had to make a pattern when i started it up for the first time. and i also did my fingerprint and face biometrics

0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userJetR2B7atm " i thought the sd card was not encrypted because in the biometrics and security settings, it says "encrypt sd card"."

That is correct. If the card was encrypted it would say "unencrypt SD card". 

SD cards fail. It sounds like yours has failed. I would try another SD card. 

0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Click unencrypted once done reboot the phone then go back an encrypt it then reboot the phone again and it should work then .what ever was on the card will be clean off of it. Will be clean card.
0 Likes