JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't log in to Samsung account on a10

(Topic created: 04-11-2020 09:51 AM)
userpPCap5muPe
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So i recently downloaded the new update and i keep getting this notification to sign in to my samsung account. I hadda no problems enterimg the password and can even access my account online. However everytime i received a verification number and it autofilled, when i tried to verify it, it would say incorrect code. 

So this started happening a few hours ago. I resetted my settings which did nothing. Tried to factory reset but i cant cuz i need mtmy samsung account to do that. 

0 Likes
7 Replies
MathewG
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Try going to Settings->Apps->Samsung Account->Storage->clear cache (and clear data as well if it'll let you). Then go back and try signing in. 

0 Likes
userpPCap5muPe
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No such luck i couldn't access the samsung account storage for some reason so i cleared the cache on the other samsung apps that i could access such as cloud, internet etc. 

Thanks for thw suggestion. 

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userpPCap5muPe Do you have Two-Step Verification enabled in your Samsung account? If so, sign in to your account on your computer and disable this feature. Then try to sign in on your phone. Once you are signed in on the phone you can reenable the feature.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey, 

@userpPCap5muPe

I probably misinterpreted your description of how your entering the 2 step verification code.

You specified that when the dialog for entering the 2 step verification appears that an app or service Autofills the code and when you select verify it sends the message incorrect code. 

If this is true I would open my messages app and delete all previously sent codes. Open the Samsung account and start the sign in process. When the 2 step verification panel opens, wait for the messages app to send the code. When it Autofills the code use the keyboard to erase the code and then pull down the messages notification and type the code in manually. Select verify.

There are other options available to reset the account and factory data reset.

Best regards, 

CLF 

userpPCap5muPe
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you very much it worked.

0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey, 

@userpPCap5muPe

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. I'm glad to hear that your up and running.

Take care, 

Best regards, 

CLF 

0 Likes
userwLyRurIzGM
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey so I was having the same problem and what works for me was signing in on the Samsung Galaxy store instead of in the settings and it worked on the first try.

0 Likes