JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't make Wi-Fi calls without carrier balance?

(Topic created: 04-15-2023 03:38 PM)
Kafka
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have recently bought my first phone, a Galaxy A13.I connected to my home wifi source, apparently successfully, however the first time I tried to make a phone call away from my house I was told that I had insufficient funds in my account. I did all the setting up from in front of the wifi source, which included an update which took 23 minutes to complete. I had assumed that the data I used would be from my wifi source, not from my sim card. Note that the only thing I cannot do now is make phone calls, I can, however use the internet from my phone.

Help! I do not want to pay for a recharge for my phone account unless I am sure I am connecting to my wifi source.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi Kafka, thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the Community. Wi-Fi calling through normal means using your phone number through your carrier still needs active service with said carrier. Unless you are using a third-party service with its own phone number, such as Google Voice, you should reach out to your carrier for further assistance.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi Kafka, thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the Community. Wi-Fi calling through normal means using your phone number through your carrier still needs active service with said carrier. Unless you are using a third-party service with its own phone number, such as Google Voice, you should reach out to your carrier for further assistance.