1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Moving an app to an SD card is dependant on the app. Not all apps can be moved. To move an app to the SD card got to Settings>Apps>Locate the app you want to move<Select Storage<There should be an option there to change the storage (If available)

Please note that Samsung no longer allows for adoptable storage.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

53 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

You can follow these steps. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-229923/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userGmqYAMa3Ps
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you that helped me, do you perhaps know of a way to format sd car as internal on A01?

userYiojb86GUN
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The question was about moving APPS not FILES. How do you move apps to the SD card?

userGmqYAMa3Ps
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yes, the above steps show me how to move apps to sd by using my files move and paste.
This is a manual process, when all is moved I only have 2 gigs free space.
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-13 at 08.32.33.jpeg

user7rGQ374PtH
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No this does NOT move apps to sd card. Period just files. If there is a way please post it here.

Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Moving an app to an SD card is dependant on the app. Not all apps can be moved. To move an app to the SD card got to Settings>Apps>Locate the app you want to move<Select Storage<There should be an option there to change the storage (If available)

Please note that Samsung no longer allows for adoptable storage.

userSz1PRlAi9B
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

This is not correct. There is no option to move apps in this location in the phone for an app. Also, its not that "the app can't be moved", as there isn't an option to move apps ON my sd to my new phone that i put on the card from my old phone either the only option on ALL my apps is to delete them.

Dont you guys got a copy of your devices you can look at yourself and see? Or are y'all running on hear say? Because you are wrong.

userGmqYAMa3Ps
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I can confirm this does work, but it is a manual process!!

usero9DgXL4dZ1
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Ok what's the manual process then. I would love to know.