cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Can't submit my question on the Phone Support Forums

I've had many issues with Smart Lock, which works only sporadically. It got worse after the recent update. If I dim the phone for 1 second, it asks for the pin number or fingerprint again. It's the same if I dim the phone and walk for 10 seconds and try to turn it on again. The fingerprint scanner doesn't work. I can register my fingerprints and get biometrics set up, but the phone can never recognize my fingerprint no matter how many times I try or how many times I clear it and register again. It's so bad that I disabled all security on my phone.  Anyone else having these issues? This is the last time I get anything but a flagship phone, and maybe the last time I get a Samsung since the S4 was also buggy.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can't submit my question on the Phone Support Forums

Hi there, Have you been able to check for any software updates? Try deleting the fingerprints, Wipe the cache partition and re-add the fingerprints.

Then remove and re-add your Samsung account. 

Give these steps a try to wipe the cache partition on your device: 

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device